Saturday 19 September 2009

The boy in the striped pyjamas

I borrowed this book from my friend who recommended it to me, before it became all popular and before I heard that a movie had been made of it as well. It is a book written very simply yet it's telling a lovely story about two boys from very different backgrounds whom find the company of one another benefiting both of them. The story tells how a friendship builds up between bruno, who is the son of a nazi officer in world war II, and a jewish boy who's been held up as a prisoner in a camp with the other jewish imprisoners. It is a friendship which was never meant to happen from the start, as in the ending bruno is put in a terrible situation which he is not able to get out of. The young boys would meet everyday beside the jewish boys camp fence, where they would spend their afternoons chatting away and trying to understand one another, as their lives completely differ. This book can be easily read and even younger teenagers would find it interesting as it is written in a very simple way. I haven't yet watched the movie, but I' really looking forward to watching it soon hopefully, as soon as I get the chance.

1 comment:

  1. I watched the film a week ago..I must say having read the book, the movie captures everything so quickly, so I enjoyed reading the book in detail much more.

    ReplyDelete