Friday 18 September 2009

Majorelle Gardens





I went to visit the beautiful Majorelle Gardens when I was in Marrakech. The garden was designed by the french artist and painter Jacques Majorelle. He acquired some land in Marrakech in 1924 and settled down to create this garden, and has today become one of his one best known masterpieces along with his paintings. When I was there, there was a peaceful sort of energy coming from the greenery of the plants, and the contrast of the colours included in the garden itself. There's an museum inside the garden which has been painted with a striking colour of blue which gave the garden a vibrant feeling to it. However, sadly it was closed when I was there so I didn't get to enter it. I felt like all the plants had been carefully planted and the garden carefully constructed. There were several fountains and ponds as well which had some beautiful large goldfishes swimming around, and lilies. Plants have been collected in the shapes of 5 continents. In 1980 the garden's owner became yves saint laurent, and there's a memorial in the garden held for him. Visitors come and enjoy the beautiful plants, colours and read their own books, as I said it is a very relaxing environment. Above are some of the photos I took of the garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment