Tuesday 8 September 2009

Pavement drawings & 3d illusions...







Julian Beever has been drawing on pavements (anamorphic) for the past 10 years. It is not just any type of drawings that he specializes in. He is a UK based artists, and draws realistic 3d illusions which can be seen when viewed from the right angle. He is a freelance artists and has created work for some countries all over the world. He has even drawn pavement drawings in france, germany, australia, USA and belgium. I think what he does is just amazing and it causes people on the streets to stop and stare. I hope I can come across one of hes drawings someday, because it is something unexpected to see and very amusing at the same time. I have seen some work by other pavement artists such as Tracy lee stum, who has actually been included in Guinness world records. But I think Julian beever's work is more fascinating and has a more sense in reality to it.

2 comments:

  1. These look pretty inventive, great use of perspective. I love the lobster and the baby, I agree its great work with a lot of humour

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is true, its amazing how some street painters got soo much talent. It's a great moment to capture by the street walkers.

    ReplyDelete