Tuesday 29 September 2009

Dar Si Said













Marrakech was full with so many things to do and see, that I almost did not have time to visit every place I wanted to. It is really a city of exploration and valuable history. When I was in Morocco, I had a strong sense that it was a very traditional yet modern at the same time, and these 2 aspects worked very well in the country. I managed to go to Dar Si Said Museum which proved that with so much past and history it is very traditional in a sense but then it is also developing into the modern world. In the museum, there were many objects being displayed that were used for over hundreds of years ago, but which they still use to this day. I saw variable items such as clothing's, wood furniture, household items, bags, rugs, weapons and jewellery. The images above present a number of different teapots which the Moroccans have been using over time. I captured them to see how the had differed. It made me happy that some countries still hold on to their traditions and their trying to be up to date as possible. I think it is very important. I have not found this aspect in so many countries that I have myself travelled too, most of them are just trying to be as modern as possible therefore forgetting about their past traditions.

No comments:

Post a Comment