Thursday 24 September 2009

Nandos-Ramadan advert :)


For Muslims, the holy month of Ramadan, is the fasting period where we fast from the sunrise till the sunsets, so it is quite a long period of time and obviously differs from country to country. I was thinking about the adverts they display for Ramadan, I have mostly watched Ramadan adverts in Arabic, but i thought how there's not enough creative English ads for Ramadan being displayed at the same time. The ones I have seen in Arabic were mainly in two different categories, the ones wishing a warm greeting for the holy month, such as Ramadan Kareem and the other ones which are in a funny nature. Which I usually prefer myself. Anyway so I started searching for Ramadan adverts online, and I came across this one. It is surprising how nothing is said by the man in the video, but its strong capture and simple idea made it really funny to watch. It is definitely one of my favourite Ramadan adverts I have seen.
In the ad, the man is holding a chicken leg, and eagerly waiting for the sun to set so he could dig in.

No comments:

Post a Comment